Welcome to the blog! Visit often, but (like this is going to work) don't steal my pictures and use them illegally or without my permission!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Newsletter 2008

James, Leisel and Annie at the Ryan Shupe & The Rubber Band Christmas Concert, Dec 6th, 2008

Hi everyone!

So this year has been one awesome adventure! We've been in our home about a year, and even though we love it, there is still a lot of work to be done (the kitchen looks terrible, the basement is freezing... though that's where our television is housed currently) and we have no way to get it all done. The upside is that we haven't been watching as much TV as we did when it was upstairs in the nice warm living room.

We got a beagle puppy in May and now she's about all grown up as far as her body is concerned. She's still a puppy at heart though. We named her Shia, after the actor Shia LeBouf from The Greatest Game Ever Played and Indiana Jones 4. Shia still needs a lot of training and discipline so she's got a long way to go before we can really show her off to people.

Annie has 10 teeth now... 6 incisors and 4 molars, matching on both side of her mouth! I didn't know they came in that way. They are all pretty straight, so I hope they stay that way through getting her permanent teeth (I doubt they will. James and I both had to have braces as teenagers). She runs around our house donating toys and other valuables to the dogs chew toy collection and causing other trouble when I'm not looking. Annie loves taking baths and reading books. We went to the library the other day and she went berserk. We brought home a big pile of books and when she's bored, we whip through the whole pile of books a few times before I finally decide it's time to get something else done. She doesn't have hardly any hair still but we can squeeze some of it together for cute pigtails sometimes when she's happy enough to sit still long enough to do it. We were also successful in weaning her from both a bottle and a binkie this year! She eats great with a utensil but still likes to eat with her hands more

James is doing great and slowly moving up the corporate ladder at work. He's not a manager yet, but he's been moved to operations from accounting and now he's indispensable. As far as I am concerned he deserves a bigger paycheck, but we are getting along fine with what we have. He's still a big fan of the Utah Jazz and the Denver Broncos, and of course the Weber State Wildcats. This is all I can think of for James right now. Since he graduated from Weber, he hasn't really had much change in his daily routine. The highlight of his year was probably when his brother got back from his mission in Philadelphia in the spring.

I (Leisel) am in good health and I love being a mommy. I didn't know someone could love me this much! Between not doing the dishes, not doing the laundry, forgetting to take the trash out, and reading to Annie, I'm a pretty busy person. LOL not really. I am currently in the orchestra for the musical adaptation of Peter Pan at Weber State playing trombone. If anyone is in the area around the dates January 23rd -Fabruary 7th, you should definitely come see the show. It's hilarious! As soon as January comes around, I will be starting what I hope is my last semester of school (for awhile) to finish my Associates in General Studies. I've decided I have a greater work to do instead of being a part time student for the next 4 years. Maybe if I am lucky, we will win the lottery and I can take one online class a semester (those things cost $500 each!) and finish my Bachelors in English (or whatever I decide to do again) by the time Annie graduates highschool! I am going to be performing at Carnegie Hall in New York City, NY with the Wind Ensemble at WSU in April 2009 and I am very excited for that. This is a very good group this year (it is every year really) and Carnegie is something to be proud of. I still need to pay for the trip, but I'll be getting a financial aid refund in January that can help pay for that.

Well, this has been fun, and I hope you don't mind having to read this on your computer instead of in a card. :D

We love you all and miss every one of you!

Love, Leisel, James & Annie 2008

No comments: