Welcome to the blog! Visit often, but (like this is going to work) don't steal my pictures and use them illegally or without my permission!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Square-foot Garden time!

We finally got our money all in one place and went and spent all morning spending money on lumber, compost, and garden supplies. Then when Annie went down for her nap, we went out to build the boxes (with the stupidest battery-powered power drill) and then when Annie got up we went outside to mix up Mel's mix and finish the boxes. i am way happy we got this done.. it was incredibly fun.

James and Annie starting the job.

The boxes built and waiting to be filled.James and Annie with the peat moss.
James and Annie with the compost.
Vermiculite added, now it's time to mix.
Beautiful blend of peat moss, compost, and vermiculite! Yum :P
Annie and James watering the filled boxes.
I love when Annie wants to help... this is how I know she's motivated to learn.
Annie getting into some nails... still a cutie though!
James laying out the squares... Annie was in charge of holding the nails.
The finished project. Hopefully in a month or so, we have lots of green stuff growing in them.


1 comment:

Jen M said...

Cool! I love your garden boxes. Your hard work is coming along . I'm sure you'll have lots of green stuff growing out of them before you know it.