Welcome to the blog! Visit often, but (like this is going to work) don't steal my pictures and use them illegally or without my permission!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stuff I've been up to

We decided the pink lamps that came with our house didn't really look well with the rest of our decor, so I painted them with black craft paint and sprayed a couple coats of clear spray gloss on top of it... I think it looks good. It's like we got two new lamps for $2.50 (cost of gloss).

We don't eat the healthiest mainly because it's so inconvenient to make dinner every night, and throw away the apple cores and banana peels. Since I know what the reason is, I have been trying to combat it with buying healthy frozen crock-pot meals, pre-peeling potatoes so I can just throw them into a pot of water for mashed potatoes, and pre-slicing apples for snacks. I do all this on Saturday so I don't have to worry about it later. So with the apples though, I wash them, slice them, and soak them for a couple minutes in pineapple juice so they don't go brown during the week. Last week I thought the apples looked so pretty in my sink, so I took a picture. Here it is.


Here's Annie after helping me make brownies (our favorite quick dessert next to choc chip cookies).

And here's Annie all ready for a sleepover with her aunts and uncles (she had much fun, and we had tons of fun sleeping in!)



On another note, we finally gave in and adopted out our dog to a nice family in Logan. They've been looking for a beagle for awhile but couldn't afford to pay the high price for a purebred, so they were pretty happy to find my ad, and I was pretty happy to find a family for Shia. The nice parts of having a dog will be missed (alarm system at night, companion for running), but I will not miss having to rescue half-eaten toys from the jaws of the dog, cleaning up, mopping, and deodorizing my kitchen floor after an accident, all the crap in my backyard, the holes in my garden, or the howling at the neighbors stupid cat.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

We should have her over again! That was fun :D

Dennis and Calena said...

After that note a dog doesn't sound like much fun at all, I guess I will stay clear of that one.