Alright, so about 2 months ago I was asked by my bishop if I would join a few others from our ward and stake in singing in the choir for the GRSM this year. All in all, there were about 320 ladies from the North Davis, UT area. So after many long practices and much memorizing (which I excelled in, if I do say so myself), we finally came upon the big day and sang our hearts out. Here is a link to the video for the meeting:
http://www.lds.org/move/index.html?type=conference&event=Oct179&lang=english
If you want to see ME... go to the last clip (Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah) and fast forward to about 1:25 into the video... there I am in the top left corner standing between two beautiful ladies, one with long blond hair and the other with glasses.
All through the practices and even just before the performance, we had the opportunity to hear from Sis Allred and Sis Thompson from the General Relief Society Presidency, and many from the board, and also from Sis Beck herself on the day of. These ladies aren't aloof like so many ladies in positions of authority... they were very down to earth and they seem to know exactly how everybody feels about things. It's nice to know people like that exist.
A few things I learned from this experience: 1 - Add to the room when you enter, instead of subtracting. 2 - Smile with your eyebrows when you can't with your mouth. 3 - A babbling brook can't sing if there are no rocks in it. 4 - When you sign up for a choir that will sing in any of the big meetings of the church, you are also signing up for a half-hour devotional every Sunday night for two months.
5 comments:
You are very talented. It was such an awesome experience and I was very glad to be able to share it with you.
Fun! I bet that was a wonderful experience. I love your tree at the top of the blog...so cute!
Oh, I have a blog to that I sometimes update. You can check it out if you want at: http://frabbish.blogspot.com/
Did you say the gorgeous young woman in between the blond and the lady with the glasses--thought so--I found you! >@<
That's freaking awesome Leisel!
Post a Comment