Gained so far: 31 lbs
I have gained 3 lbs in the last week. I don't know what that means, but it is the most I've gained in one week this whole pregnancy. Currently I am on week 38. I've got (what I hope to be) my last doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning. Then she'll be seeing me next when I either go into labor on my own, or I check into the L&D the next Tuesday to be induced.
I don't have a belly picture for you this week... just take a look at the previous weeks' pictures. My midwife says that my belly hasn't grown since 34 weeks, though the baby is still growing.
I went with James on the paper route for the last time until I'm all healed up after Molly is born. One thing about Sunday papers is that it takes an hour just to prepare to fold the papers (inserting the comics section, tv section, and home section into the opinion section). So we are usually there standing at the folding table for up to 2 hours. I am officially banning myself from standing for that long again until after Molly is born... it was quite painful in my hips and back. I am very impressed with how James has the whole route memorized now, even down to which paper they get. We can stand in our kitchen and go through the route paper by paper and deliver the whole thing in our heads now! (I know it's a silly thing to be proud of, but what can I say? Our brains are amazing!)
I've been trying to help Annie understand that all the toys in her room wont be just hers anymore. There are a few things that will be "just Annie's" but everything else will be "Annie's and Molly's". We experimented with moving Annie's booster seat to the middle of the car so the baby's seat could be closer to the door. It didn't work too well because the thing the seat belt buckles into kept getting hidden under the booster so Annie couldn't buckle herself in anymore. I think we'll just have to have both seats next to both doors, and if we happen to have another person riding with us we'll have to move Annie's seat temporarily to the center.
I hit the 50% off flannel sale at Hancock Fabrics the other day and made a rather cute infant seat tent for Molly's seat. It snaps to the seat handle, and it's even reversible!

A note on visiting us after Molly is born: Unless anything changes (extended hospital stay, for example), we welcome any visitors on Thanksgiving afternoon and evening, on the Friday after, and on Saturday the 27th. If in doubt, just call or text me or James, or post on my facebook wall (it gets sent to my phone). I really want to see all the family, and if you're in town and want to stop by, please do! I'll keep my Facebook status and Twitter status (can be seen on this blog's right-side column) updated throughout the whole ordeal.
I don't have a belly picture for you this week... just take a look at the previous weeks' pictures. My midwife says that my belly hasn't grown since 34 weeks, though the baby is still growing.
I went with James on the paper route for the last time until I'm all healed up after Molly is born. One thing about Sunday papers is that it takes an hour just to prepare to fold the papers (inserting the comics section, tv section, and home section into the opinion section). So we are usually there standing at the folding table for up to 2 hours. I am officially banning myself from standing for that long again until after Molly is born... it was quite painful in my hips and back. I am very impressed with how James has the whole route memorized now, even down to which paper they get. We can stand in our kitchen and go through the route paper by paper and deliver the whole thing in our heads now! (I know it's a silly thing to be proud of, but what can I say? Our brains are amazing!)
I've been trying to help Annie understand that all the toys in her room wont be just hers anymore. There are a few things that will be "just Annie's" but everything else will be "Annie's and Molly's". We experimented with moving Annie's booster seat to the middle of the car so the baby's seat could be closer to the door. It didn't work too well because the thing the seat belt buckles into kept getting hidden under the booster so Annie couldn't buckle herself in anymore. I think we'll just have to have both seats next to both doors, and if we happen to have another person riding with us we'll have to move Annie's seat temporarily to the center.
I hit the 50% off flannel sale at Hancock Fabrics the other day and made a rather cute infant seat tent for Molly's seat. It snaps to the seat handle, and it's even reversible!
A note on visiting us after Molly is born: Unless anything changes (extended hospital stay, for example), we welcome any visitors on Thanksgiving afternoon and evening, on the Friday after, and on Saturday the 27th. If in doubt, just call or text me or James, or post on my facebook wall (it gets sent to my phone). I really want to see all the family, and if you're in town and want to stop by, please do! I'll keep my Facebook status and Twitter status (can be seen on this blog's right-side column) updated throughout the whole ordeal.
No comments:
Post a Comment