I was expecting a bigger baby, but Molly came out to be only 6lbs 12oz. Maybe my body just makes teeny bodies. She also came out with a ton of hair when Annie came out almost completely bald. With what you hear about the correlation between bad pregnancy heartburn and newborn hair, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.
My midwife was so nice through the whole thing, and I thought it was funny that almost everything she said during the pushing stage had almost nothing to do with the baby, but with the pipe band that we both play in. It was great... Vivian is a wonderful gal.
Labor time was 7 hrs from start of pitocin drip. I had to have 2 epidurals because the first one started to wear off after about 2 hours. It was really no fun, but I am glad the 2nd one worked.
Here we are at the beginning of the day:


And here we are after all the hard work was finished:


The overall experience was a lot less stressful than it was with Annie. Probably because we knew more what to expect, and Molly didn't have to stay overnight in the NICU. Molly is even much better at nursing... I am eternally grateful for that!
Day 2: My doctor cleared me to go at the 24 hr mark, but Molly's doctor wanted her to eat a few more times before discharging her, so we had to stay for a total of 29 hours after she was born. I was so glad to get out of that hospital... the after-pains are no fun to deal with when the only bed you can lay in is the uncomfortable hospital bed. I ended up spending most of the 2nd day on one of the couches all curled up.
Annie was such a good girl through the whole experience. She was telling everyone that she saw at the hospital that she loves her baby sister and that she's "going to teach her to go potty, but not til she's older." Annie stayed at the hospital the whole time with us, from start to finish. I don't have any regrets for not having her stay with family while we were there. I'm happy Annie got to be a part of this big family event.
Now that we are home, it has been pretty boring. Molly slept for 4 hour stretches last night, so I just had to get up with her once for a feeding. I think if she's happy with that, I can learn to live with it too! Molly is a happy content baby and she seems to be very healthy. Annie is being the best oldest child anyone could ask for. I am just so tickled with how great my little family is!
My midwife was so nice through the whole thing, and I thought it was funny that almost everything she said during the pushing stage had almost nothing to do with the baby, but with the pipe band that we both play in. It was great... Vivian is a wonderful gal.
Labor time was 7 hrs from start of pitocin drip. I had to have 2 epidurals because the first one started to wear off after about 2 hours. It was really no fun, but I am glad the 2nd one worked.
Here we are at the beginning of the day:
And here we are after all the hard work was finished:
The overall experience was a lot less stressful than it was with Annie. Probably because we knew more what to expect, and Molly didn't have to stay overnight in the NICU. Molly is even much better at nursing... I am eternally grateful for that!
Day 2: My doctor cleared me to go at the 24 hr mark, but Molly's doctor wanted her to eat a few more times before discharging her, so we had to stay for a total of 29 hours after she was born. I was so glad to get out of that hospital... the after-pains are no fun to deal with when the only bed you can lay in is the uncomfortable hospital bed. I ended up spending most of the 2nd day on one of the couches all curled up.
Annie was such a good girl through the whole experience. She was telling everyone that she saw at the hospital that she loves her baby sister and that she's "going to teach her to go potty, but not til she's older." Annie stayed at the hospital the whole time with us, from start to finish. I don't have any regrets for not having her stay with family while we were there. I'm happy Annie got to be a part of this big family event.
1 comment:
She's so pretty! How is it that you look better AFTER delivery than before??? Honestly Leisel! Congrats! Can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment