Welcome to the blog! Visit often, but (like this is going to work) don't steal my pictures and use them illegally or without my permission!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

James got his job!

The job James got is with Klein and Associates in Salt Lake City. They offered him a reasonable salary and pretty decent benefits along with the job he's always dreamed of. We are beyond relieved for this offer from them! He gets to work in a very small office (only 3 people - 2 full time, 1 part time) and they won't chastize him for keeping his desk too clean!

In order to keep the unemployment benefits, James was required to apply for at least two full-time jobs a week. After getting dead-end interviews for jobs in SLC, James decided to put the SLC idea on hold and only applied for jobs in our area for awhile. One week he couldn't find any jobs in the area to apply for so he broadened to SLC again, and applied for Klein and Associates. Two days ago they emailed asking him to come in for an interview, then called about an hour after the email to make sure he got it. He went in for the interview yesterday morning, met with the boss and the guy he would be replacing and they called him 3 hours later to come in for a second interview. Today he went in for his second interview, met the boss' son and they called him 4 hours later to offer him the job.

As almost everybody should know by now, I do not believe in divine intervention or intelligent design so I can't and don't attribute this success to any deity. Perhaps he got the job because of the dashing haircut I gave him the night before the first interview. Maybe it was because my favorite number is 13, and that happens to be the floor he will be working on (the power of the brain!). Could it be that he got the job because at the end of his interview he made it very clear that he had no idea what to expect as far as the type of job this was going to be but ended up really wanting to work there? I bet it was that James was more confident going into the interview because of his new suit, shirt and tie he got for Molly's blessing. Either way, James believes that prayers work, so I want to thank you for all your prayers towards us.

I want to make mention of the experiences we've had this last four months since James lost his job. We have been able to get plenty of government and church assistance to keep our house paid and food in our pantry. I have picked up a route delivering the SL Tribune and Deseret News to pay for our fuel and car payment. James got a part time job at UPS to pay for our other utilities. James has even started tutoring an 8th grader that needs math help and he's started selling his plasma. All in all, with the hard work and money that we've been able to bring in, we have been able to save up $1000 for Murphy (Google Dave Ramsey and Baby Step #1 to understand that), save up $1000 for James to apply for the CPA, get a month ahead on our bills, and we were even able to have a decent Christmas all things considered. -Note- my idea of a "decent" Christmas is changing... I think next year I am going to try to convince James and Annie to only receive one gift and they can take all the extra money and go buy gifts for people who can't give their families their idea of a "decent" Christmas. IDK... it's a work in progress.

Anyways, I love you all and I can't wait until the next time I see you again! ~Leisel

No comments: