Today is day 5 of the potty training, and I've decided to change it up a little. Annie wasn't doing very well yesterday because I was getting upset when she had accident after accident and began to get scared when she had to go. So I had to step back and calm down before we could proceed. I talked to aunt Kara on the phone and she said she used the timing method to train her kids. I decided to look this method up and found an article by someone who melded a few methods together. Me and Annie started that yesterday afternoon by setting the timer for 20 minutes and sitting on the potty until she says she's done and getting a sticker just for trying and 3 stickers for putting something in the potty. Today the time will be extended to 30 minutes and tomorrow will be 45 minutes. Changing to this method has relieved Annie of the fear of going. Last night I woke Annie up an hour after bedtime again and took her to the bathroom, and this morning at 530 she came and got me herself saying she needed to go. I don't expect a dry bed every night, but 2 nights in a row is good! I am confident we aren't going to have any accidents at church tomorrow!
- Posted using BlogPress from Leisel's iPod Touch
No comments:
Post a Comment