Welcome to the blog! Visit often, but (like this is going to work) don't steal my pictures and use them illegally or without my permission!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

33 week checkup

I went in for my checkup today, and the baby's heartbeat is strong and healthy-sounding. Vivian, my midwife, measured approximately how big my uterus is in centimeters, and the number of centimeters are supposed to match up with how many weeks you are along. Well two weeks ago I measured at 29 cm, and this week I measured at 30 cm. So Vivian wants me to go in for an ultrasound on Friday to measure Molly and make sure she's growing good. Vivian thinks that the growth has slowed because of stress in my life right now. I can understand that. Either way, with as much as Molly has been moving around, I know she's strong. *maybe vivian will give me doctors' orders to lay low and not overexert myself, so that i can just be lazy for the next 7 weeks :) haha i know some people would not like that, but i think i can handle something like that*

On another note, my dog needs to go. If you may be interested, please check out this link to the ad I placed on KSL: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12794592&cat=105&lpid=3&search=

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I could buy your doggy. I want one right now but with Ryan and Ashlyn already having two and me about to work full time I'm not sure how it would work... Anywhys, hope everything is going well and I am so excited to see you! :) Love you lots Leisel.

Annette said...

Do you have a midwife because you're having Molly at home?

Good luck with the ultrasound, dog, job, etc.

Leisel said...

Nope I'm not having Molly at home. Annie was delivered by a midwife too (at the hospital). I don't think midwives can get licensed if they plan on delivering babies at home in Utah. I don't know why really I chose to go with midwives... partly because my mom did for all of hers, and partly because they seem to be able to give me a more personalized birth experience.